Sweat Fitness Festival
In just 2 days, we will be teaming up with our sponsor Neat Nutrition, for the annual Southsea Fitness Festival where we will be (in the words of the late Cilla Black, surprise, surprise) rowing! Another chance to get the necessary training in before our marathon row and another chance to meet the general public, get our faces out there and get our names where they should be (the upper echelons of the rowing world… too much?).
Now in its third year, the Fitness Festival exists to celebrate and inspire active and healthy lifestyles. They work in partnership with local and national organisations, teams, charities, businesses and individuals to deliver a truly unique event and it’s now the biggest of its kind in the UK! Taking place on Southsea’s Castle Field, both the seafront location and the event itself are unique.
We will be there travelling down to Southsea late Friday night for an early setup Saturday morning, no pain, no gain, right? There will be athletes, fitness experts, clubs and companies from all over the country supporting this festival, big names like Portsmouth FC, Cancer Research UK, Frill, Triathlon Trust, our friends Neat Nutrition and many, many more. Just turn up on the day where entry is free and get involved in all the activities for both young and old.
A new week and a new recipe, this time from Jon’s kitchen is:
Crispy Salmon Fillets with Steamed Tenderstem Broccoli and Green Beans
- 2 Salmon Fillets
- 100g Fine Green Beans
- 100g Tenderstem Broccoli
- Splash of Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon
- Season your salmon fillets with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Zest half the lemon and add to the salmon.
- Get your steamer ready or if you don’t have one a pan of boiling water with a colander above, add your broccoli and green beans and steam for 4-5 minutes or until soft.
- Once your vegetables are cooked take them off the heat, season and cover.
- While your vegetables are cooking heat a frying pan with a splash of olive oil to a medium heat. Add the salmon fillets skin-side down and fry for 4 minutes until the skin is nice and crispy. Turn them over and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until thoroughly cooked through.
- Squeeze half a lemon over your salmon and serve immediately.